Brunel and the Korean Institute of Design Promotion (KIDP) hosted a Design Management Week for CEOs of 9 leading Korean Design Consultancies.
Sessions included interactive lectures, workshops and discussions and involved external speakers as well as Brunel’s core team. The programme included speakers from Brunel’s MA Strategic Design Management and Design Strategy programmes, as well as external professionals and industry bodies including Professor Patrick W Jordan, the Design Council, British Design Innovation (BDI), Design Business Association (DBA) and FeONIC plc an entrepreneurial design-led company. In addition, the group visited two leading design consultancies: Therefore and PDD.
The course aimed to mix academic theory with professional practice and offer a broad range of different topics and points-of-view on the following Design Management topics:
- Design Strategy at Brunel and the relationship between Design Strategy, Marketing and Branding
- The Role of Design & Branding in Building Commercial Success
- Business Model Innovation
- UK Design Support Programmes
- The Future Shape and Direction of Design Consultancies
For more information, please contact