Are you interested in working with a talented Product Design student on your innovation challenge?
Our students are not only creative but are taught to design for manufacture and as a result can create valuable IP for the companies they collaborate. All projects and the intellectual property arrangements are carefully discussed with the collaborating company.
Brunel University London is celebrating 50 years of experience of working closely with industry on collaborative ventures.
We are currently looking for organisations with an innovation challenge (start-up, SME, charity, corporate), to collaborate with a final year undergraduate student on their ‘Major Project’ which they spend over 400 hours working on throughout their academic year.
Deadline to submit a project brief is 31st August 2016 for consideration and review by Brunel academic team. In addition, please email Paula Neal to express your interest or for further information.
Project briefs will be reviewed by our academic team and if approved will be advertised to students over the summer for their application. If you are successful in having a student matched to your project they will start in October 2016 and continue the project until April 2017.
Our Product Design students:
- are in their fourth and final year of their degree
- have just completed a year working in industry
Benefits to your organisation:
- Access world class product design resources and facilities with minimum financial risk
- Add considerable value to a student’s education and career prospects
- Explore R&D outside your normal commercial scope and pressures
- Invigorate your business with fresh thinking and a novel perspective on innovation issues
See Made in Brunel for example case studies from a wide range of sectors from medical, consumer, lighting, social enterprise, tech, built environment, transportation, food & drinks, toys, packaging…to name but a few!
Contact Paula Neal for more details