Energy Innovation for SMEs: innovative solutions to reduce energy costs and carbon impacts
6.30 pm – 9.30 pm – with dinner
Hamilton Centre, Brunel University London, Uxbridge
Directions: www.brunel.ac.uk/about/campus/directionsthen download the campus map
Increasing energy costs and environmental demands are business critical issues for SMEs today. This evening event, with a keynote address from Amber Rudd MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at Department of Energy & Climate Change, will see the launch of the West London Energy Innovation Hub, a new business initiative that aims to help SMEs plan for future energy needs and reduce energy procurement costs.
Leading academics from Brunel’s Institute of Energy Futures will talk about their research in this area and highlight emerging research and technologies that will impact directly on SMEs future energy demand and carbon impact.
- Amber Rudd MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at Department of Energy & Climate Change
- Stephen Fry, CEO Hounslow Chamber
- James Huartson, Wembley Stadium Sustainability Manager – the first national stadia in the world to achieve this international standard for energy and environmental management.
- Derek Myers, CEO of BuyEnergyOnline – Announcing the launch of the Energy Innovation Hub
- Andrew Ward, Director of Corporate Relations, Brunel University London – heading the joint EU funded Co-innovate programme to support London SMEs with innovation and NPD
- Professor Savvas Tassou, Director of Brunel University Institute of Energy Futures – leading the Research Council UK’s National Centre for Energy Use in Food Supply chains
With an anticipated audience of 120, including London SME’s, Local Authorities, Higher Education Institutions, R&D and energy management and procurement professionals from major West London organisations.
The event is jointly run by Hounslow Chamber of Commerce, Co-Innovate and BuyEnergyOnline.
We have a limited number of free tickets available to Co-Innovate businesses, which will include a sit down dinner.
Early booking is recommended so please register your details with Katalin as soon as possible.